Rapper Gangsta Boo Laid To Rest, Brother Released From Hospital

The hip-hop community is still in mourning. The passing of rapper Gangsta Boo shocked many, and a lot of her friends and collaborators have taken to social media with their condolences and fond memories. The rap legend was officially laid to rest on January 13th. 

Producer and fellow Memphis native Drumma Boy took to social media to reveal the details of Gangsta Boo’s homegoing. Family and friends were encouraged to join a celebration at Railgarten on Central Avenue, followed by a funeral service at Brown Baptist Church on Stateline Road in Southaven, Mississippi on January 14th.  In his caption, Drumma Boy said, “Been a rough 2023 so far, but I know you are finally at peace… 😓☮️🙏🏽 Let us come together as we celebrate our legendary queen, sister, & friend! Thank you, @missyeahoe, for blessing us with your presence! 🙏🏽♌️🕊️.” He ended the post by declaring her the Queen of Memphis. 

Born Lola Chantrelle Mitchell, Boo passed away from an accidental OD on the morning of January 1st. She was only 43 years old. While she was struggling with the recent passing of her father, Gangsta Boo did not seem to have intentions to hurt herself and was planning a lot of work for the new year, including a new project and collaborations. 

Gangsta Boo was once in the group Three 6 Mafia. She left the group after one project citing issues with the label. Her former group member DJ Paul was not present at the funeral but said that he actually put up money to help pay for it. He claimed he did not want to overshadow the ceremony with their past issues and said that Gangsta Boo knows where his heart is.  “I paid for the funeral. I’m on tour, and even if I wasn’t, I don’t do funerals.” DJ Paul says that the last funeral he went to was overshadowed by groupies. Juicy J also sent in a video with his condolences. He is said to have also contributed to the funeral, as well as a few others who pitched in to ensure GB had a proper goodbye. 

In other news, Gangsta Boo’s brother has been released from the hospital after taking the same batch a few hours before his sister.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *